The Chew: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Texas Rising
Jeffrey Dean Morgan came by The Chew to talk about his new miniseries Texas Rising and to help Michael Symon make a great Chorizo Burger with Tomatillo Salsa recipe.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this delicious recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon Chorizo Burger with Tomatillo Salsa Recipe Ingredients
Chorizo Burger Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Chorizo
- 4 Slices Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Cilantro Sprigs
- 4 Potato Rolls
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Tomatillo Salsa Ingredients
- 8 Tomatillos (Husked; Washed; Halved)
- 1 Small Red Onion (Quartered)
- 1 Jalapeno (Seeded; Halved)
- Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Bunch of Cilantro
Michael Symon: The Chew Chorizo Burger with Tomatillo Salsa Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Start the Tomatillo Salsa. Toss together the tomatillos, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and a strong drizzle of olive oil.
- Spread the veggies out on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and roast for about 20 minutes until caramelized and cooked through.
- Let the veggies cool slightly and then scoop them into the food processor. Add cilantro, pepper, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
- Press the chorizo into burger patties. Make sure not to overwork, just flatten it out into patties. Press your thumb in the center of the patty.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet and add a drizzle of olive oil. Salt and pepper the chorizo burger and add to the skillet, cooking until nicely charred on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes, then flip. Once you flip, add the colby jack cheese, add a drizzle of water, and cover the burgers with a metal bowl or lid. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add a little mayonnaise to the bottom of the bun and toast them mayo side down in the skillet.
- Build your burger by smearing the rolls with the salsa, topping with chorizo burger and more cilantro. Finish by adding the bun top on the burger.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply