The Chew: Clinton Kelly Berry Buckle Recipe
Clinton Kelly whipped up a delicious Berry Buckle recipe on The Chew with the help of Chew viewer Carolou. This is an easy, friendly dessert you can make tonight that the whole family will absolutely love. It’s like a pound cake with fruit baked right into the dough.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this episode in the comments below!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Berry Buckle Recipe Ingredients
Berry Buckle Ingredients
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter (Plus More for Greasing Pan)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Pound Strawberries (Hulled; Quartered)
- 1/2 Pound Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
Creme Fraiche Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Crème Fraîche
- 1 Tablespoon Confectioner’s Sugar
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Berry Buckle Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the unsalted butter and granulated sugar until it starts to look like sand. Add the egg and stir it together. Then add the vanilla, salt, milk, flour, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, and lemon zest.
- Butter a 8 by 8 baking pan and layer it with parchment paper with the edges hanging out. Pour in the dough mixture and spread it out evenly with a rubber spatula. Then pour the fruit over it and press it into the dough.
- Put the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or so until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry. The dough should rise up and around the fruit, making the fruit a little more incorporated than it was when you first put the cake in there.
- Slice the cake and serve! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply