The Chew: Clinton Kelly Frittata Recipe
Clinton Kelly made a delicious Hash Brown Frittata recipe for The Chew’s special “Brunch in a Crunch” episode, the perfect fusion of breakfast ingredients that prompted Mario Batali to ask Clinton, “Have you told the Nobel Prize Committee about this dish?”
Carla Hall also designed a Thai Iced Tea recipe to go along with this dish. Check out my attempt to reproduce these recipes below! And be sure to let us know what you think about them in the comments!
The Chew: Carla Hall Thai Iced Tea Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Tea Blend or Earl Grey Tea
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Cinnamon (Optional, to Taste)
- Cloves (Optional, to Taste)
- Vanilla Bean (Optional, to Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk
Carla Hall: The Chew Thai Iced Tea Recipe Directions
- Steep the Thai Tea Blend in the boiling water for 5 minutes. You could also use Earl Grey tea instead or throw in things like cinnamon, cloves, or vanilla bean, if you want, too, for extra flavor.
- Add the ice to a tall glass and add the tea, leaving a little space at the top.
- Finish with a tablespoon of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Hash Brown Frittata Recipe Ingredients
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Chopped Leeks (Green and White)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Package Frozen Hash Browns
- Canola Oil
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Hash Brown Frittata Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to broil.
- The frozen hash browns should already have been grated, blanched, and rinsed for you before you bought them. The bag should just say “Potatoes” under ingredients. Add a drizzle of canola oil to another saute pan and bring to medium heat. Then add the potatoes. The canola oil is important because it has no flavor, letting the crispiness of the potatoes to really shine. Cook until browned around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the hashbrowns into a plate and then slide them back into the pan.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and then add a drizzle of olive oil, the leeks and the mushrooms. Cook until softened and browned, about 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and toss to coat. Cook until the broccoli is softened as well.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs in a large bowl with the milk and the Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the broccoli mixture and slowly stir from time to time to move the eggs around and keep them fluffy.
- Once they’re just a little runny on top, slide the hash brown on top. The wetness of the egg should seep into the the hash browns to fuse them together.
- Add to the oven for about 3 to 5 minutes, just to get a nice golden brown color on top. If you wanted, you could add a little cheese on top before you put it in the oven. I think that would be delicious!
- Serve and enjoy!