The Chew: Turkey Chili
Clinton Kelly teamed up with The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting to make a delicious meal that will be great for fall on The Chew. Can you believe her popular sitcom is in its ninth season? It’s a Turkey and White Bean Chili recipe, and it also makes great leftovers, so you’ll have something to take to work for lunch this week.
There are many great ingredients, spices, and flavors in the mix here. Kaley said that she loves nutmeg in her chili. “I really like to put that in. It gives a warmth,” she said. Is there any must-have ingredient that you would want to include in this recipe?
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Turkey and White Bean Chili Recipe Ingredients
- 1 peeled, chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 seeded, diced Jalapenos
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 lb ground Turkey
- 3 peeled, minced cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 drained, rinsed 15-oz cans Cannellini Beans
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pico De Gallo
- Red Onion
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Turkey and White Bean Chili Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil on medium in a deep pot.
- Add in turkey. Use a wooden spoon to help crumble and stir it while it browns. This should take six to eight minutes.
- To the pot, add garlic, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, onions, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, and jalapeno. Cook about five minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock with beans and diced tomatoes. Let everything come to a nice simmer.
- Turn heat to medium low. Cook one hour.
- Serve turkey chili in bowls and offer a selection of toppings so everyone can customize his or her bowl with their favorites.