The Chew: Daphne Oz Recipes
Check out my attempts to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think about these recipes in the comments!
The Chew: Daphne Oz Cornmeal Griddle Cakes Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (Plus More for Greasing the Pan)
- 3/4 Cup Ricotta
- Butter (To Serve)
Daphne Oz: The Chew Cornmeal Griddle Cakes Recipe Directions
- In a food processor, add the milk, lemon juice, eggs, ricotta, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, and coconut oil. Pulse until fully mixed together.
- Add some coconut oil to a nonstick pan and bring to medium high heat.
- Drizzle some circles of batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on top, then flip and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the griddle cakes with butter and a drizzle of Strawberry Lemon Puree (recipe below) on top.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Strawberry Lemon Puree Recipe
- 2 Pounds Fresh Strawberries (Hulled and Halved)
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Puree the Strawberry Lemon Puree ingredients until smooth in a food processor.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Strawberry Lemon Spritz Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Strawberry Puree
- 4 Ounces Chilled Sparkling White Wine such as Champagne or Prosecco
- Combine ingredients in a champagne flute.
- Enjoy! Serve alongside Daphne Oz’s Cornmeal Griddle Cakes recipe.