The Chew: Daphne Oz Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe
Although Daphne Oz is often known as the face of healthy living and has gotten a reputation for cooking accordingly (she is Dr. Oz’s daughter, after all!), Daphne Oz took a turn for the decadent in this recipe. It’s got heavy cream, lots of butter, and some delicious chocolate hazelnut spread.
But if you love croissants and you love bread pudding, then why not combine them and make this great recipe? It’s also got a nice banana flavor with just a hint of banana, for extra deliciousness.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below and make sure to let us know what you think in the comments! If you make the recipe, also make sure to let us know how it turned out!
The Chew: Daphne Oz Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (Cubed)
- 6 Croissants (Cut into Thirds)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Warmed; Plus More for Garnish)
- 2 Bananas (Sliced into Rings, Plus More for Garnish)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cups Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Pinch Salt
Daphne Oz: The Chew Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, milk, chocolate hazelnut spread, vanilla, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the croissant slices to the bottom of a greased baking dish. Add the butter and banana on top.
- Pour the custard on top. Let it sit for 30 minutes so the croissant can really soak in the custard.
- Cover with tin foil and and bake for 30 minutes. Then take off the tin foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Garnish with extra chocolate hazelnut spread and banana slices.
- Serve and enjoy!