The Chew: Clinton Kelly
On The Chew, Clinton Kelly shared a recipe that reminded him of his best friend since 7th grade. The pair recently went on vacation to Key West, Florida, and they enjoyed plenty of great eats. You can recreate a portion of their experience with this recipe for Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa.
How long have you known your best friend? Do you like to share recipes with one another? I want to hear from you, so share your personal story with me by leaving a comment.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Grilled Grouper Recipe with Key Lime Mango Salsa Ingredients
Remember not to move your fish around too much while it is cooking. Try to leave it in place because that will help you get a fuller flavor for the end result.
Carla Hall explained that jicama is mild and tends to take on the flavor of whatever it is paired with. If you don’t love jicama, you could use something else in its place for the salsa, such as cucumber or apple.
- 4 Grouper Filets
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Key Lime Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 2 peeled, diced ripe Mangos
- 1 seeded, chopped Fresno Chili
- 1/2 bunch chopped Cilantro
- 1 cup peeled, diced Jicama
- 1 peeled, diced Bermuda Onion
- Juice of 6 Key Limes
- Salt & Pepper
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Grilled Grouper Recipe with Key Lime Mango Salsa Directions
- Preheat a grill on medium high. (Clinton suggested placing foil over a hot grill pan so that you can still get grill marks but not worry about the fish sticking.)
- Dress grouper with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the filets on the hot grill, cooking for a few minutes per side.
- Serve with Key Lime Mango Salsa.
Key Lime Mango Salsa Directions
- In a mixing bowl, combine mango with fresno, cilantro, jicama, red onion, and key lime juice.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Toss well.
Leave a Reply