The Chew: Grilled Skirt Steak with Grilled Melon Salad Recipe
Michael Symon whipped up a delicious Spicy Grilled Skirt Steak with Grilled Honeydew Salad recipe on The Chew with the help of a sous chef from the audience.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe, and be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!
The Chew: Michael Symon Spicy Grilled Skirt Steak with Grilled Honeydew Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Pound Skirt Steak
Grilled Melon Salad Ingredients
- 1 Small Honeydew (Peeled; Seeds Removed; Cut into Quarters)
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Plus More)
- 3 Tablespoons Mint (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Jalapeno (Minced)
- White Corn Tortillas (On the Side)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Michael Symon: The Chew Spicy Grilled Skirt Steak with Grilled Honeydew Salad Recipe Directions
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- In a bowl, mix together the chipotle powder, onion powder, coriander seed, cumin, brown sugar, black pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Rub this mixture onto the raw skirt steak.
- Drizzle the steak with a little bit of olive oil and then add to the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until nicely seared for medium rare. Cook it longer if you want it to be more done.
- Add the honeydew to the grill to give it a nice char. Add a pinch of salt on top. Cook until just charred on the bottom and warmed through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the onion, jalapeno, mint, olive oil, and fresh lime juice. And add the salt and pepper to taste. Then cut up the honeydew and stir it into this mixture.
- Cut up the steak against the grain and add it to a platter with the grilled melon salad poured on top.
- Serve the steak and melon salad in warm tortillas if desired or just by itself on the plate.
Leave a Reply