The Chew: Tournament of Teens
The Chew crew unveiled the first competition in their Tournament of Teens and one of the two competing in this round, Isabel, whipped up her delicious Mediterranean Chicken Wrap recipe, which she made with Michael Symon at her side in the kitchen.
Although Isabel’s competitor Mohammed made a great Meatball Sandwich recipe that also looked pretty good, Isabel’s recipe was my favorite of the two, because her sandwich uses a delicious homemade Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus (the recipe is also below), which really makes the sandwich special.
I must not be the only one who felt that way, because this is the recipe that ultimately won this round, which means Isabel is advancing to the finals and competing with another recipe later in the week.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
The Chew: Isabel Mediterranean Chicken Wrap Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Whole Wheat Wraps (10-12 Inches)
- 1 Cup Mixed Greens (Chopped)
- 1 Cup English Cucumbers (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1/4 Lemon (Juiced)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Leftover Roasted Chicken (Shredded)
- 3/4 Cup Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
For the Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus:
- 1 15 Ounces Can Garbanzo Beans (Drained; Rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Jalapeno (Stemmed, Deseeded & Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Leaves
Isabel: The Chew Mediterranean Chicken Wrap Recipe Directions
- Add the garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, sea salt, cumin, jalapeno, and cilantro leaves in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Next, add a little bit of the water at a time to get the consistency you want, taking turns between adding and pulsing.
- Toss the mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumber with the lemon juice and salt.
- Smear the whole white pita with the hummus.
- Add the mixed greens on top of the hummus, along with the chicken and feta.
- Wrap it up, cut it in half, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply