The Chew: Michael Symon Beef Kebobs with Apricot Yogurt Recipe
Michael Symon whipped up a delicious Beef Kebobs with Apricot Yogurt recipe on The Chew for his popular 5 in 5 segment, where he cooks a recipe with just 5 ingredients in under 5 minutes. This recipe took a little longer than 5 minutes, which Michael explained away by saying this was “light and loose” because it’s summertime. Still, this is a quick recipe with lots of great flavors. And that apricot yogurt is a really interesting feature of this recipe!
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments below!
The Chew: Michael Symon Beef Kebobs with Apricot Yogurt Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Finely Minced Dried Apricots
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Mint
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 8 Skewers (8 Inches Long; Soaked in Water)
Michael Symon: The Chew Beef Kebobs with Apricot Yogurt Recipe Directions
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season the beef with pepper, salt, coriander, and cumin. Stir it around, but make sure not to overwork it.
- Form them into little meatballs and then press a skewer into each one.
- Add the kebobs to the grill and cook evenly on all sides until they’re a nice golden brown color and cooked completely through, about 5 minutes total of cooking.
- Meanwhile, add a drizzle of olive oil to a saute pan and toast the almonds. This should only take a few minutes.
- Then stir together the apricots, mint, almonds, salt, pepper, and yogurt.
- Serve the kebobs with the apricot yogurt on the side for dipping or else drizzle the yogurt onto the kebob before eating.