The Chew: Michael Symon Classic Burger Recipe
Michael Symon whipped up a delicious Classic Burger recipe on The Chew, which he showed Chew viewer Francesca how to make on the show. This is a delicious, simple recipe that will have your whole family smiling.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! Be sure to let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon Classic Burger Recipe Ingredients
- 8 Ounces Ground Sirloin
- 8 Ounces Ground Short Ribs
- 8 Ounces Ground Brisket
- Black Pepper
- 4 Slices American Cheese
- Potato Buns (Toasted)
- English Muffins (Toasted)
- Green Pepper
- Hot Pickles
- Iceberg Lettuce (Shredded)
Michael Symon: The Chew Classic Burger Recipe Directions
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high.
- In a large bowl, combine the brisket, short rib, and sirloin. It’s important not to overwork the meat, because this will smear the fat and you will have a dry burger. Mix until it just comes together.
- When forming the burger patties, take a look at your bun. You want your patty to be just slightly larger than the bun, because it will shrink and then be perfect while cooking. Make sure again not to overwork the patty. Just smash it with your hand until you get the desired shape and size.
- Season the meat liberally with salt. Flip and season the other side. You can use pepper, too, if you like. Michael prefers just salt.
- Press a thumb print into the center of the burger. This will keep it from puffing up too much while cooking.
- Add the burger to the grill and cook it for three minutes to caramelize. Then flip and add two slices of cheese to each. Add a little water around the cheese and cover with a lid. Cook 3 to 4 more minutes for medium rare.
- If topping with onions and green peppers, add them to the grill until slightly charred and the onions are caramelized.
- Add the burger to the bun and top with your favorite ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!