The Chew: Michael Symon Mystery Meal Challenge
Michael Symon randomly choose some food items for a mystery meal challenge, including chicken tenders, cheddar cheese, pasta dough, caramelized onions, and pickles on The Chew. He chose to make a great Mini Cheesy Club Calzones recipe with these crazy ingredients. The pickle seemed to stump him at first, but he figured it out and made something delicious.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon Mini Cheesy Club Calzones Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Yellow Onions (Sliced)
- 8 Ounces Thick-Cut Bacon
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenders
- 1 Jalapeno (Sliced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 Pound Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Dill Pickles
- 8 Ounces Shredded Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Canola Oil for Frying
Michael Symon: The Chew Mini Cheesy Club Calzones Recipe Directions
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper and toss them in olive oil.
- Bring a cast iron pan to medium high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil and the onions. Cook until they start to caramelize, then add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is browned on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes, then add the garlic and jalapeno and flip the chicken. Continue to cook until the jalapeno is softened and the chicken cooked through.
- Add the wine to deglaze and stir. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get the bits of brown from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the bacon to the grill until they just start to crisp. You want to keep a little bit of the fat on there.
- Add three inches of canola oil to a large cast iron pot and bring to 360 degrees.
- Roll out the dough out until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Cut several 4 inch rounds out.
- Press a pickle, some cheddar cheese, and a little of the chicken mixture inside. Brush the edges with water and fold it over to make a little pocket. Repeat until you use all the dough.
- Carefully add the pockets to the oil and cook until they’re nice and puffed up and golden brown, about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply