The Chew: Michael Symon Vegetable Soup Recipe
Michael Symon made a great Spring Vegetable Soup recipe on The Chew, which celebrates spring flavors in a delicious concoction that’s surprisingly easy to make, But it’s still the kind of recipe that will impress your friends and family if you make it, so this recipe is really the best of all worlds.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know how you liked this recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon Spring Vegetable Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Thick Green Asparagus (Woody Ends Removed; Sliced Thin)
- 4 Ounces Unsalted Butter
- 4 Ounces Flour
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Spring Peas (Sliced Thin)
- 3 Cups Ramps (Bulbs and Leaves Sliced Thin)
- 1 Cup Spring Onions (Sliced Thin)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Tarragon (Garnish)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (Juice)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Michael Symon: The Chew Spring Vegetable Soup Recipe Directions
- In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter on medium high. Add the flour and stir until it has a wet sand consistency to make the roux.
- Add 1/3 of the stock and whisk it in. Once it’s well combined, add the next 1/3 and repeat. Then finish the last 1/3. If you had added it all at once, it will become lumpy and thick and it’s hard to get the lumps out.
- Add nutmeg and let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and bring to medium high heat.
- Add the spring onions, ramps, asparagus, spring peas, and salt and pepper and cook until they’re all fork tender and delicious.
- Combine the veggies with the stock and serve. If desired, you could blend it together for a smoother taste, but Michael prefers to have the veggies independent so that you can taste the different spring textures.
Leave a Reply