The Chew: Drink Recipes
Mario Batali and Michael Symon teamed up to make some exciting drink recipes on The Chew, including a wonderful Michigan Spritz recipe from Mario Batali and a Bitter Orange Fizz recipe from Michael Symon.
Being from Michigan, I was excited to see Mario Batali make a great Michigan Spritz recipe, because there are very few drinks named for Michigan, if any. But sadly, this drink had basically nothing to do with Michigan. He used Italian cherries, rather than Michigan cherries, and the rest of the ingredients can be bought anywhere. He named it the Michigan Spritz because he used Michigan Sparkling White Wine, but you can buy that basically anywhere.
Still, both of these drinks seemed perfect for taking the edge off after work or enjoying a nice mixed drink during a relaxing weekend. Check out my attempt to reproduce these recipes below! And be sure to let us know what you think of them in the comments!
The Chew: Mario Batali Michigan Spritz Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Ounces Aperol
- 2 Ounces Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 6 Ounces Sparkling White Wine
- Ice to Fill
- Green Olives (For Garnish)
- Amarena Cherries (For Garnish)
- Orange Slices (For Garnish)
Mario Batali: The Chew Michigan Spritz Recipe Directions
- In a large goblet, add the ice, aperol, grapefruit juice, sparkling wine, amarena cherries, green olives, and orange slice and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Chew: Michael Symon Bitter Orange Fizz Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Ounces Rye Whiskey
- a Few Dashes of Bitters
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- Ice to Serve
- 2 Ounces Chinotto
- 1/2 Ounce Seltzer Water
- Orange Peel for Garnish
Michael Symon: The Chew Bitter Orange Fizz Recipe Directions
- In a shaker, combine ice, Chinotto, whiskey, bitters, and thyme leaves and shake.
- Pour over ice in a highball glass with some seltzer water and an orange peel for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply