The Chew: Rolled Omelet Recipe
Daphne Oz and Michael Symon each made a different version of a rolled omelet on The Chew for their Rolled Omelet Two Ways recipe, including an Onion and Mushroom Rolled Omelet and a Southwestern Rolled Omelet recipe.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon and Daphne Oz Rolled Omelet Two Ways Recipe Ingredients
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- Olive Oil
For the Onion and Mushroom Rolled Omelet:
- 2 Cups Sliced Yellow Onion
- 3 Cups Sliced Mixed Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Provolone (Plus More for Garnish)
- Black Pepper
For the Southwestern Rolled Omelet:
- 1 Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 15 .5 Ounce Can Black Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Avocado (To Serve)
- Sour Cream (To Serve)
- Pico de Gallo (To Serve)
Michael Symon and Daphne Oz: The Chew Rolled Omelet Two Ways Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs with a whisk. Stir in the flour. The flour will help it stay together a little bit better and make it more pliable when it comes time to roll it. If you want to eat gluten-free, you could substitute rice flour. Also stir in the milk, black pepper and salt.
- Grease a quarter sheet tray with butter and place a parchment paper inside with the paper hanging over the edges. Grease the top of the parchment paper as well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tray. Bake the eggs until they set and are cooked through in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the Onion and Mushroom Rolled Omelet: Add some butter to a pan and bring the pan to medium high. When the butter is melted, add the onions and cook until they’re beginning to caramelize. Then stir in the mushrooms and some olive oil. Cook until the mushrooms are cooked through and stir in salt and pepper.
- For the Southwestern Rolled Omelet: Saute an onion in butter in a pan until translucent and starting to turn golden brown. Add the oregano and let it toast in the oil. Then stir in the jalapenos and black beans. As you cook, smash the beans up with the back of a fork to get the jalapeno, onion, oregano, and beans to be more infused. This will also help prevent you from getting a bite of too much bean.
- For Both Recipes: Once the egg mixture is done cooking, spread out the cheese (Monterey for the Southwestern omelet, Provolone for the Onion and Mushroom Omelet) and then pour the filling on top. The filling will help melt the cheese. Spread it all out evenly. If you wanted, fresh herbs would be great for either recipe at this point. Make sure the layer is even.
- Using the parchment as a handle, slide the omelet into a roll and keep rolling it until you’re finished.
- Slice and serve and enjoy!