The Chew: Ashley Tisdale Clipped
Ashley Tisdale came by The Chew to talk about her new show Clipped and to help Clinton Kelly make a great Seared Tuna Rice Bowl Rice recipe. This is a delicious and fun recipe you can make relatively quickly at home for an appetizer or a nice lunch.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know in the comments what you think of this recipe!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Seared Tuna Rice Bowl Recipe Ingredients
- 8 Ounces Yellowfin Tuna Steak (Sustainable, Sushi Grade; Sliced into 3 Inch 1/4 Thick Slices)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Grated; Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Light Sesame Oil
- 1 Scallion (Sliced Thin)
- 1/2 Cup Carrot (Cut into Matchsticks)
- 1/2 Cup English Cucumber (Cut into Matchsticks)
- 1 Avocado (Thinly Sliced)
- Pickled Ginger (To Serve)
- Wasabi Paste (To Serve)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (For Garnish)
- Nori Seaweed Sheets (Cut into Strips)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
Sushi Rice Ingredients
- 1 Cup Sushi Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Seared Tuna Rice Bowl Recipe Directions
- Put the salt block in a cold oven and preheat up to 500 degrees. Leave the block in the oven for 15 minutes once it comes up to full temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and scallions. This will be your dipping sauce.
- Add some sushi rice to a bowl and add avocado, carrots, cucumber, and nori seaweed to your taste.
- Take the salt block out of the oven. Brush on some olive oil. Using tongs, add the tuna to the salt block and grill the tuna right there on the block. Cook to desired doneness.
- Add the tuna to the bowl with the rice and the veggies. Sprinkle some of the sauce on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply