The Chew: Chef Tiffany Derry
Carla Hall welcomed her former Top Chef costar Tiffany Derry to The Chew. Derry made a delicious Chicken and Sausage Stew recipe. This is a great, quick stew that’s very customizable. If you don’t like chicken, try beef. If you want to add some other things like a can of beans, corn, potatoes, or zucchini, they’d fit right at home here. Try different things and see what works for you!
Personally, I think I’d deglaze the pan after searing the chicken and sausage with a nice IPA, but Tiffany seemed to be relying on the liquids being released from the squash for that. I’d be worried everything would be too dry.
In any case, check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
The Chew: Tiffany Derry Chicken and Sausage Stew Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Pound Andouille Sausage (Crumbled)
- 1 White Onion (Diced)
- 2 Bell Peppers (1 Green & 1 Red; Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery (About 2 Stalks)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- Squeeze of Tomato Paste
- Pinch of Thyme Leaves
- 1 Ancho Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Yellow Squash (Cut into 1/2 Inch thick Half Circles)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Handful of Cilantro
Tiffany Derry: The Chew Chicken and Sausage Stew Recipe Directions
- Drizzle some olive oil into a large Dutch oven and bring to medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown them on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. It’s okay if it’s not cooked through, but it should be most of the way there. Remove and set aside onto a plate.
- Add the sausage and onions and cook until the sausage is browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers, garlic, and celery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Squeeze in some tomato paste and add the thyme leaves, ancho, squash, and the chicken again. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, until all the veggies are cooked through and the chicken is 165 degrees when measured with a thermometer.
- Finish by stirring in the cumin, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!