The Chew: Toasted Almond Ricotta Fritters Recipe
Michael Symon whipped up a delicious Toasted Almond Ricotta Fritters recipe on The Chew with the help of two audience members who wanted to learn how to cook. This is a surprisingly easy and delicious sweet treat you can make for dessert tonight!
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!
The Chew: Michael Symon Toasted Almond Ricotta Fritters Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Quarts Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 Cup Goat’s Milk Ricotta
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Sliced Almonds (Cooled)
- Zest and Juice of 2 Oranges
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- Kosher Salt
- Powdered Sugar (For Garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Mint Leaves (For Garnish)
Michael Symon: The Chew Toasted Almond Ricotta Fritters Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, sugar, zest of 2 oranges, and pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth and then add the almonds and whisk some more. Then fold in the flour with a spatula until it’s incorporated.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large Dutch oven and bring it to 365 degrees when measured with a candy oil thermometer.
- Stick your spoon in the oil and then scoop out a spoonful of batter from the bowl and drop it into the batter. Putting oil on the spoon first will help prevent the batter from sticking. Working in batches, cook each fitter until they’re nice and golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes for each.
- Meanwhile, make a nice sauce to cover the fritters with. In a large bowl, add the honey and juice of 2 oranges and stir together. Toss the fritters in the sauce and top them with powdered sugar and torn mint leaves. Toss some more and then pour onto a plate to serve. Dust them once more with powdered sugar to make them look extra delicious and appetizing.
Leave a Reply