The Chew: Daphne Oz Croissant Sandwich Recipe
This recipe is unique because Daphne Oz created a breakfast sandwich using only a waffle iron. Instead of making the eggs in a saute pan like you normally would for an omelette or scrambled eggs, Daphne pours the egg mixture right into the waffle iron to form waffle-shaped egg wedges. This is a delicious innovation and a fun way to change up your breakfast style. You can also toast the croissants in the waffle iron for extra waffle texture and some nice symmetry in the breakfast sandwich.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below and be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments! Also make sure to let us know how this recipe turned out in your kitchen!
The Chew: Daphne Oz Waffle Iron Croissant Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Croissants (Sliced in Half)
- 2 Eggs (Whisked)
- 1/4 Pound Sliced Bacon (Cooked & Crumbled)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Scallions (Thinly Sliced)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Daphne Oz: The Chew Waffle Iron Croissant Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Whisk together the eggs, cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, bacon, and scallions together in a bowl.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and pour the egg mixture into the tray. Some of the solid stuff will stay on top. Spread evenly with a fork or spoon and close lid. Cook for 2 minutes and remove carefully with tongs.
- Toast the croissant in the waffle iron, too, so you get the nice impressions and there’s no dirty dishes other than the waffle iron.
- Serve the waffle eggs inside the croissant and enjoy!