The Talk: Aarti Party
Aarti Sequeira, author of Aarti Party, shared her Strawberry Basil Lassi, Aloo Gobi, and Chicken Tikka Masala recipes on The Talk. Find out how you can make these dishes at home, since not everyone can check out Aarti’s restaurant.
The Talk: Aarti Sequeira Strawberry Basil Lassi Recipe
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Water (up to 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 or 3 Basil leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a blender until they become smooth. The best consistency is creamy, but still thin enough to flow through a straw.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with basil to serve.
The Talk: Aarti Sequeira Aloo Gobi Recipe Ingredients
The name of this side dish, Aloo Gobi, literally means potatoes and cauliflower.
- 2 peeled, crushed cloves Garlic
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 peeled, cubed Yukon Gold Potato
- 1/2 tsp ground Turmeric
- 1 diced Tomato
- 1 handful chopped Cilantro with stems
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 sliced Yellow Onion
- 1/2” peeled, minced Ginger
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 head trimmed Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Aarti Sequeira: The Talk Aloo Gobi Recipe Directions
- Heat oil on medium heat in a pot or saute pan. Once it just starts to smoke, add in the cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds sizzle, add garlic, browning for just a few seconds.
- Flip the garlic over. Then add ginger with onions and Serranos. Stir often as the onions soften. Cook until they’re golden, about five minutes, but don’t let them crisp.
- Add cubed potatoes with spices. Toss well to combine, stirring about three minutes.
- Add cauliflower, tossing it well to get a good coating of onions and spices. Let things cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato with water and a teaspoon of salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender and the potatoes are fully done cooking.
- Dress with fresh lime juice and cilantro to serve.