The Talk: Aarti Sequeira
Chef Aarti Sequeira was in The Talk kitchen to remind us all that kebabs are a favorite food in India, which makes them perfect for summer grilling. Try her Chicken Kebabs with Peach Chutney. For dessert, she shared her Nomad’s Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Talk: Aarti Sequeira Chicken Kebabs Recipe with No-Cook Peach Chutney Ingredients
Aarti recommended using two skewers for each kebab. You can let the chicken pieces just touch, but they shouldn’t be crowding each other, or they will steam instead of grilling.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs (cut in cubes)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Coriander
- 2 seeded, stemmed Serrano Peppers
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 1 1/2” knob peeled, chopped Ginger
- 1/2 cup Peanut Oil (or use Grapeseed Oil)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bamboo Skewers
Peach Chutney Ingredients
- 10 oz sliced Peaches (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 or 3 sprigs Cilantro
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Champagne Vinegar
- 1 pinch Red Chile Flakes
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper
Aarti Sequeira: The Talk Chicken Kebabs with No-Cook Peach Chutney Recipe Directions
- Put the chicken cubes in a large, resealable bag.
- In a food processor, combine oil with lime juice, garam masala, ginger, cilantro, coriander, and serrano peppers; sprinkle with salt and pepper once blended.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken. Marinate in the fridge for two to eight hours.
- Preheat a grill on medium high.
- Thread four or five chicken pieces onto two skewers at a time (this will make each kebab more sturdy). Use a paper towel to wipe off any excessive amounts of marinade.
- Grill skewers for up to seven minutes on the first side.
- Flip the skewers and use some chutney to baste them.
- Grill another five to seven minutes. Flip and baste again.
- Grill about another 30 seconds. Take off heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and chaat masala. Serve with chutney.
- Toss peaches with honey, chaat masala, cilantro, ginger, vinegar, chile flakes, and lime juice and zest. Process or blend until smooth; salt and pepper.
- Transfer chutney to a serving dish, reserving 1/4 cup for basting.