The View/Chew Cook-Off: Team Meat the Press
Michael Symon worked with Nicolle Wallace to make up Team Meat the Press. Their recipe contribution was Zucchini Keftedes, or Zucchini Fritters.
The View: Michael Symon Zucchini Keftedes Recipe Ingredients
“We used all vegetables,” Symon said. He learned to make this dish from his grandmother. All in all, the ingredients for this dish add up to $9. He said that using more vegetables than protein will help to stretch your grocery budget. Just be sure to wring out the zucchini so the fritters turn out crispy and delicious.
- 2 grated Zucchini
- 3 tbsp chopped Dill
- 1 thin sliced Scallion
- 4 oz crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1 tbsp chopped Mint
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Michael Symon: The Chew Zucchini Keftedes Recipe Directions
- Use a clean towel to wring out as much water as possible from the grated zucchini.
- Put the zucchini in a mixing bowl with the mint, garlic, scallion, feta, half the lemon zest, and 1 tbsp dill; salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Stir in the egg with flour until it is well-mixed.
- Heat 1” of oil on medium in a cast iron skillet. Once the oil is hot, drop small scoops of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry the batter for two minutes per side. Use a spider or slotted spoon to remove the dough and drain it on a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle with salt.
- Continue the steps to cook the remaining dough.
- Mix 2 tbsp Dill with the last half of the lemon zest. Add lemon juice and Greek yogurt; salt and pepper.
- Serve the dill sauce for dipping with the keftedes.