Today’s Kitchen: Aaron Sanchez
Aaron Sanchez shared Mexican-style party meal ideas, like Zucchini Quesadillas and Mexican Brownies. The Cooking Channel host also prepared Chicken Tostadas with fresh salsa.
Today Show: Aaron Sanchez Zucchini Quesadillas Recipe Ingredients
“This is one of the first things I learned to make as a kid,” Aaron Sanchez said of quesadillas. He said that flour tortillas are always the best choice. Poblanos are mild, and you can go nuts with the filling ideas for your quesadillas.
- 4 oz shredded Queso Quesadilla Cheese
- 1 diced Onion
- 1 roasted, peeled, seeded, diced Poblano Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 2 cups sliced Zucchini
- 3 sprigs chopped Cilantro
- 4 10” Flour Tortillas
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Aaron Sanchez: Today Show Zucchini Quesadillas Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan with garlic and onion. Add roasted poblanos and cook five minutes.
- Next, mix in zucchini and use chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
- Add cilantro and cook for five minutes; salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Place two tortillas on a prep surface. Divide cheese between them equally.
- Spread 1/2 the filling over each cheese layer.
- Place the other tortillas on top and transfer to a lightly oiled griddle or saute pan.
- Cook quesadillas for three minutes per side.
- Once cooked and gooey, remove the quesadillas and cut them into serving size pieces.
Today Show: Aaron Sanchez Mexican Brownies Recipe Ingredients
These Mexican Brownies combine chocolate with Chile De Arbol for a sweet and spicy combination.
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp ground Mexican Cinnamon
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Pequin Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
Aaron Sanchez: Today Show Mexican Brownies Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and prepare a 9”x13” baking dish with overhanging parchment paper. Press paper into the pan corners and grease with extra butter.
- Melt two sticks of butter on medium low in a saucepan. Take off heat and let cool.
- Combine sugar with vanilla and eggs. Add this to the saucepan and stir using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in cocoa, cinnamon, chili powder, flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Spread batter into the pan and bake about 20-25 minutes, until the tines of a fork come out clean.
- Let the pan cool on a rack. Then lift the brownies out using parchment paper.