Kathie Lee & Hoda: Babe Scott
Babe Scott was in Today’s Kitchen with some eye candy for Kathie Lee & Hoda, plus treat recipes from her book, Man Candy and Cupcakes. She made these Apple Cider Cupcakes, and she also shared great ideas for Vanilla Cone Cupcakes and Coconut Cupcakes, complete with manly models to help her show off the finished product.
Today Show: Babe Scott Apple Cider Cupcakes Recipe Ingredients
This is an Apple Cider Cowboy Cupcake, according to Scott. She even brought a cowboy along to help Kathie Lee and Hoda frost their cupcakes with an apple cider cream cheese frosting.
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups peeled, chopped Apples
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 2 room temperature Eggs
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz soft Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/4 cup room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider
Babe Scott: Kathie Lee & Hoda Apple Cider Cupcakes Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and line a muffin tin with 24 paper liners.
- Whisk flour with baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; reserve.
- Beat butter with sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs individually, beating after each one.
- Mix in vanilla. Turn the mixer speed down to low. Add flour to the butter mix in three stages, alternating with apple cider in between each addition.
- Once the mixture is combined, fold in the chopped apples.
- Divide batter among the muffin liners and bake for around 21 minutes, or until the tines of a fork come out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese with butter in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the sugar a cup at a time, beating as you go. Then add cider.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.