Today Food: Elise Strachan
From the YouTube series “My Cupcake Addiction,” Elise Strachan visited the Today Food kitchen to share some fun no-cook desserts. Do you want to keep cool in the kitchen during warm weather? Strachan’s recipes can help you enjoy sweet treats without having to fire up the oven. Learn how to make her No-Bake Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Jars, or have some fun assembling Strawberry Milkshake Tarts.
“We’re going to build ours in these cute little mason jars today,” Strachan explained. But you could use a martini glass, parfait glasses, or anything else you think would make a great presentation.
Be careful to semi-whip the cream. Do not overwhip it for this recipe.
Today Show: Elise Strachan No-Bake Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Jars Recipe Ingredients
This recipe will make one to two servings, but you can always make a larger batch if you are planning to serve a group.
- 4 crushed Lemon Sandwich Cookies
- 1 tsp melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- Yellow Food Coloring
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- Raspberries (or seasonal berries)
- Mint leaves
Elise Strachan: Today Show No-Bake Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Jars Recipe Directions
- Stir melted butter together with crushed lemon cookies in a small bowl.
- Transfer this mixture to the bottom of one or two jars. Press down to pack it tightly and form the base crust.
- Place a few raspberries around the sides of the jar on top of the base.
- Whip the cream lightly until it just begins to take shape.
- Use an electric mixer to blend cream cheese with powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest, and one or two drops of yellow food coloring (if desired).
- Gently fold in the lightly whipped cream with the filling mixture. Then spoon this into the jar or jars.
- Chill for about two hours in the fridge. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve garnished with mint and raspberries.