Today: Gesine Bullock-Prado
Gesine Bullock-Prado shared some sweet treats from her new dessert cookbook, Let Them Eat Cake, on Today Show. She made Sweet Cheesecake Nutella Calzones and a recipe for Almond Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies.
Gesine shared desserts that use about five ingredients each, which helps to keep things simple in the kitchen. Which one is your favorite idea?
Today Show: Gesine Bullock-Prado Sweet Cheesecake Nutella Calzones Recipe
- 1 package Pizza Dough
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Confectioner’s Sugar (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- Roll pizza dough out into a 10” circle. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Combine Nutella with egg yolk, cream cheese, 1/4 cup Confectioner’s sugar, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Spread the filling on 1/2 of the dough, leaving a 1” border at the edge.
- Fold the bare half of the dough over the filling. Pinch all around the edges to seal the filling inside.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the dough is completely cooked.
- Garnish with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
Today Show: Gesine Bullock-Prado Almond Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 8 oz Almond Paste
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- slivered Almonds
Gesine Bullock-Prado: Today Show Almond Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe Directions
- Combine almond paste with 1 egg white, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, almond extract, and salt in a food processor. Pulse this mixture into a paste. Then transfer it to a bowl.
- Whisk in the second egg white until the mixture is frothy. Then slowly whisk in another 1/4 cup sugar to form medium stiff peaks.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the almond mixture. Use a spatula to continue mixing the rest of the egg white and almond mixtures together.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing cookies about three inches apart. Place an almond sliver on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies rest on the counter for one to two hours, so that they form a skin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Then bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Slice a pint of ice cream into rounds and sandwich the ice cream between two cookies. Refreeze to set until you are ready to serve the sandwiches.