Today Show: Billy Dec
Billy Dec from the restaurant Sunda in Chicago was in the kitchen to make a no-cook classic salad recipe paired with a cocktail on Today Show. He shared his Chop Chop Chicken Salad recipe and a Sunda Summer Wine Cocktail.
Today Show: Billy Dec Sunda Summer Wine Cocktail Recipe
If you don’t like or can’t find blood orange soda, you could use your own favorite flavor instead to finish off this drink.
- 4 oz Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 muddled Basil leaves
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 Strawberries
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- Blood Orange Soda
- Place muddled basil in the bottom of a glass.
- Pour in wine, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Top off with soda and garnish with strawberries.
Today Show: Billy Dec Chop Chop Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredients
Let your friends at the grocery store do the cooking. Just pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home and dinner is already almost done!
- 1 lb cooked, shredded Rotisserie Chicken breasts
- 2 heads Romaine Hearts (cut 1/4” thick)
- 1 cup julienned Carrots
- 1 cup julienned Cucumbers
- 1 lb Spinach (cut 1/4” thick)
- 1 cup sliced Mangoes
Peanut Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced Jalapenos with their juices (from a jar)
- 1 tbsp minced, seeded Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup fine chopped toasted Peanuts
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
Billy Dec: Today Show Chop Chop Chicken Salad Recipe Directions
- Start by making the peanut dressing in a blender. Pulse the ingredients together.
- The dressing won’t fully come together, so if you have extra you’ll have to remix it every time you want to use it.
- For the salad, spoon some dressing into the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all salad mix ingredients. Toss with chicken until everything is evenly coated.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts to serve.