Today Show: Brandi Milloy
We all scream for ice cream, and Brandi Milloy was on Today Food to share a fun way you can combine it with another treat that is fun for everyone, the funnel cake. Check out this recipe for Funnel Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches, nature’s perfect food.
“It’s the best of both worlds: it’s a funnel cake and ice cream sandwich,” Milloy said. Be sure to gently mix the ice cream so that your finished product will be creamy but not too firm.
Today Show: Brandi Milloy Funnel Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 quarts softened Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- Powdered Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Brandi Milloy: Today Show Funnel Cake Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks.
- Separately, mix strawberry preserves into soft ice cream. Then fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer the ice cream mix to a casserole dish or baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. Cover and set in the freezer over night.
- Beat eggs with sugar. Slowly whisk in milk. Next, add flour with baking powder and salt. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add a couple inches of oil to the bottom of a heavy pot. Let it heat until a drop of the batter quickly cooks.
- Using your finger to plug the hole of a funnel, pour batter into the open end of the funnel.
- With the funnel over the hot oil, release your finger and quickly move the funnel around to form a design as your funnel cake begins to cook.
- Once browned on the first side, flip and cook until it is evenly browned on both sides.
- Repeat this process until you have used all your funnel cake batter.
- Remove ice cream mix from freezer. Use a 2 1/2 ring mold (or biscuit cutter) to cut discs from the ice cream.
- Use two funnel cakes to form a sandwich, with a disc of ice cream in the middle. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.