Today Show: Camila Alves
Matthew McConaughey’s wife, lifestyle expert Camila Alves, visited Today Show to share some meals she said you can make using dollar store ingredients. Try her Ramen Stir-Fry and save room for Tipped Jello-O Cups for dessert.
Alves recently spent some time in rural Louisiana, where she claimed she had to shop for meals at a dollar store, since there was not a grocery store nearby. “You always have a dollar store, no matter where you are,” Alves said. What are your favorite go-to ingredients from the dollar store?
Today Show: Camila Alves Frozen Vegetables
“Frozen gets a bad rap,” Alves said, but she said they are full of nutrients. Her advice is to read the ingredient list and make sure there are no extra ingredients added, besides the vegetables.
Remember: you have to leave out the Ramen noodle spice pack or you will end up with an overpowering flavor and a whole lot of sodium.
Today Show: Camila Alves Ramen Stir-Fry Recipe Ingredients
- 2 packages cooked Ramen Noodles (do not use seasoning packets)
- 2 cups frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 3 tsp Sesame Oil (+2 tbsp)
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- 2 cups frozen Shrimp
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce (+2 tbsp)
Camila Alves: Today Show Ramen Stir-Fry Recipe Directions
- Heat 3 tsp sesame oil in a wok. Then add garlic.
- Cook frozen vegetables in the wok until they are nearly defrosted.
- Add frozen shrimp and cook until it defrosts.
- Add 3 tsp soy sauce, stirring it with shrimp and vegetables.
- Place the cooked ramen noodles in the wok.
- Add 2 tbsp sesame oil and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- Stir everything together for an even coating before serving.
Today Show: Camila Alves Tipped Jell-O Cups Recipe
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- frozen Strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Make the Jell-O by following the directions on the box.
- Pour Jell-O into glasses, filling them less than 1/2 full.
- Tip the glasses so that the Jell-O sets at an angle without pouring out.
- Set each tipped glass at an angle in a cupcake pan.
- Add strawberries before chilling to let the Jell-O set.
- Once the Jell-O is firm, add whipped cream to help fill the glasses.
- Served garnish with strawberries and mint.