Today Show: Camila Alves
Lifestyle expert Camila Alves visited Kathie Lee & Hoda in Today’s Kitchen with some fresh and fruity ways to make summer sparkle in your back yard. Try her White Sangria with Grilled Peaches, and don’t forget about Grilled Pineapple and Ice Cream Parfaits.
Kathie Lee Gifford was so impressed with Camila’s recipes that she suggested the lifestyle expert put together a cookbook. Would you like to see a cookbook from Camila Alves? Tell me your thoughts by leaving a comment.
Today Show: Camila Alves White Sangria with Grilled Peaches Recipe
- 2 peeled, wedged Yellow Peaches
- 1 bottle Sweet Riesling
- 1/2 pint sliced Strawberries
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- Club Soda
- Prepare a grill pan with vegetable oil and heat it until it is hot.
- Arrange peach quarters in the pan and cook to sear them on all sides.
- Let peaches cool on a cutting board before cutting them into cubes.
- Toss peach cubes with sliced strawberries into a pitcher.
- Pour in riesling and apple juice, stirring to combine.
- Chill for a few hours, or overnight. Stir before serving.
- Scoop some fruit into each fresh glass of sangria. Top off with club soda.
Today Show: Camila Alves Grilled Pineapple and Ice Cream Parfaits Recipe Ingredients
- 1 peeled, cored whole Pineapple
- 1 tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup lightly packed Light Brown Sugar
- 18 Ginger Snap cookies
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Camila Alves: Today Show Grilled Pineapple and Ice Cream Parfaits Recipe Directions
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast-iron pan until hot.
- Slice pineapple into 1/4” rounds.
- Lightly char pineapple in a single layer on both sides. Work in batches if needed.
- Combine sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp over each pineapple slice.
- Cook for two to three more minutes, until sugar is melted.
- Reserve six ginger snaps for garnish. Crush the rest of the ginger snaps.
- Arrange a few pineapple slices along the side of a wide-mouth dish.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in the center and top it off with crushed cookies.
- Garnish each serving with one whole ginger snap. Serve immediately.