Today Show: Carson Daly & Siri Pinter
Daly said he found this steak recipe in Adam Perry Lang’s cookbook, Serious Barbecue. What do you think about this as a meal for dad on his special day?
Carson Daly Grilled Steak Recipe with Board Dressing Ingredients
- 4 to 6 Rib-Eye, T-Bone, and/or Strip Steaks
- Salt & Pepper
- 10 crushed cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup fine chopped savory Herbs
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
Board Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tbsp fine chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
Carson Daly: Today Show Grilled Steak with Board Dressing Recipe Directions
- Give the steaks a generous coating of salt and pepper, pressing the meat into the spices.
- Brush the steaks with canola oil and preheat a grill to medium high.
- Mix the basting ingredients and place them in a heatproof pan. Warm this on the grill over indirect heat.
- Cook steaks to medium rare on the grill.
- Baste the steaks often during cooking, flipping the meat halfway through cooking. They should start to caramelize and/or char after 15-25 minutes. Steaks are medium rare at an internal temperature of 125 F.
- Combine the dressing ingredients.
- Let steaks rest off the heat for about two minutes. Then slice the meat and coat the slices in the dressing.
- Serve steak with Zucchini and Summer Squash Gratin.
Today Show: Siri Pinter Zucchini and Summer Squash Gratin Recipe Ingredients
“This is an alternative to a potato gratin,” Siri Pinter said of this side dish. It’s a way to keep things lighter and healthier during hot summer weather. Yum!
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 minced Shallot
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 minced cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Siri Pinter: Today Show Zucchini and Summer Squash Gratin Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F and prepare a square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Thinly slice the squash and zucchini to 1/8” thick.
- Heat olive oil on medium. Saute garlic and shallots in the oil until you can smell their aromas.
- Add squash and zucchini, sauteing for another five minutes and tossing often; salt and pepper.
- Stir breadcrumbs with parmesan in a small bowl.
- Arrange half the veggies in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top this with a layer using half the cheese-crumb mixture.
- Repeat another layer of vegetables, followed by the final layer of cheese-crumb topping.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Then bake uncovered for 10 more minutes, until bubbly and golden.