Today Show: Eggplant Recipes
Siri Pinter took on the challenging task of making people enjoy eggplant on Today Show. She and Matt Lauer tried to win over her longtime romantic partner, Carson Daly, and fellow eggplant hater Savannah Guthrie.
In a taste test, the eggplant haters agreed that the chips were not for them. However, everyone could agree on the great taste of the dip. If you are an eggplant lover, you could even make the chips and serve them with the dip, for a double helping of eggplant. Leave me a comment to tell me your least favorite vegetable.
Today Show: Siri Pinter Crispy Eggplant Chips Recipe Ingredients
- 3 small Eggplants
- 6 cups Vegetable Oil
- Sea Salt
Siri Pinter: Today Show Crispy Eggplant Chips Recipe Directions
- Use a mandolin or knife to cut the eggplant into thin rounds, about 1/8” thick each.
- Heat oil in a large, deep pot to 350 F.
- In batches, fry the eggplant rounds for about one minute per side, until they start to curl and brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried eggplant chips to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle with paprika and salt. Let them cool down a bit before serving.
Today Show: Siri Pinter Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe Ingredients
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 or 2 minced cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Tahini Spread
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (or use Sour Cream)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- chopped Parsley
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt & Pepper
Siri Pinter: Today Show Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Cut the eggplant in half along its length. Spray with cooking spray and place the cut sides down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast eggplant for 35 minutes.
- Let the eggplant cool a bit after roasting. Once it is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and put it in a food processor or blender.
- Add garlic and process the mixture until it is smooth.
- Next, add yogurt, lemon juice, and tahini. Blend until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the dip into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.