Today Show: Holiday Hacks
Today Show senior editor Meena Duerson joined Matt Lauer in Today’s Kitchen to share a few simple ideas you can put to work for holiday entertaining, including a simple and impressive Breakfast Cupcakes Recipe.
Today Show: Wine Glass Candlesticks
Maybe you don’t have enough candlesticks, or you can’t remember where they have been packed away. You can improvise, as Meena demonstrated, by turning to wine glasses or other stemware.
Simply turn a glass upside down (maybe place a few candies or an ornament underneath it for a visual pop) and place a candle on the base of the glass. It’s festive and inventive.
Today Show: DIY Snow Recipe
Meena showed Matt how to make DIY snow, which is perfect if you live somewhere that doesn’t see too much of the white and fluffy winter accumulation.
- Baking Soda
- Shaving Cream
- Pour one box of baking soda into a bowl.
- Slowly add shaving cream, mixing it with baking soda using your hands.
- Stop adding shaving cream when you achieve a powdery consistency like snow.
Today Show: Breakfast Cupcakes Recipe Ingredients
“It looks a lot fancier than it is,” Meena told Matt as she explained how simple it is to make these Breakfast Cupcakes.
What I like about this is that people can eat these on their own time. When you have a big group visiting for the holidays, it’s hard to get everyone together in the same place, especially at breakfast. This way, people can grab a muffin before or after taking a shower or going out last-minute shopping.
- 1/2 lb Bacon (or use Sausage)
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup grated Cheese
- 1 dozen Eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
Today Show: Breakfast Cupcakes Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium heat; drain the grease.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Stir in green pepper with onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix meat and cheese into the egg batter.
- Arrange muffin liners in a baking tin and spray the liners with cooking spray.
- Ladle batter into the muffin liners and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The muffins are done when the tines of a fork come out clean.
Leave a Reply