Today Show: Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart said that she already had two holiday parties and planned to enjoy a relaxing Christmas Eve dinner with her family at home, followed the next day by a Christmas breakfast. She generously shared her last-minute ideas for entertaining.
Martha Stewart: Pomander Centerpiece
Martha Stewart showed the Today hosts how to make a Pomander Centerpiece. Simply pierce the skin of a citrus fruit and stud it with cloves all around. You can make any type of pattern you desire.
Today Show: Martha Stewart Classic Homemade Eggnog Recipe Ingredients
“People don’t believe that you can actually make eggnog at home, and it’s so much better,” Martha Stewart told Matt Lauer and Tamron Hall. “There’s no preservatives. There’s no bad things in this homemade eggnog.”
That’s true…I never thought about making eggnog at home, in part because it uses real eggs. Do you think that you would want to try making this yourself? It seems like there is plenty of liquor in Martha’s version, so don’t share it with the kids.
- 6 separated Eggs
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 3/4 cup Superfine Sugar
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- grated Nutmeg
Martha Stewart: Today Show Classic Eggnog Recipe Directions
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale in a large mixing bowl. Slowly mix in sugar.
- Use a whisk to stir in milk with 2 cups of cream. Add bourbon, cognac, and rum.
- Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Right before serving time, beat egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the eggnog.
- Whisk the last cup of cream to form stiff peaks. Then work it into the eggnog as well.
- Serve sprinkled with nutmeg.